Case Manager- Executive Assistant
Share this role
- Somerset West and Taunton Council
- Salary Grade H £35,229 - £37,107 per annum
- Closing date:
- 1st March
- Job Ref:
This is a unique opportunity to join our newly formed Council and senior management team at a time when we are transforming how we provide services to our customers, and how we work. We are looking for a highly organised, skilled and dynamic person to provide high level management and personal support to the CEO, and support to the senior management team.
You will have a positive attitude and a high level of flexibility, and be able to anticipate and respond to the multifaceted and often dynamic needs of our CEO and senior team. You will be able to effectively prioritise and take the initiative in managing your own workload, easily handling complex calendar scheduling and e-mail, meeting planning and co-ordination, and communication with internal and external stakeholders (including elected members of the Council). You will be process driven, forward thinking and proactive, and able to pre-empt problems and implement effective solutions.
Some of the work you will cover includes:
- Acting as key point of contact for the CEO.
- Ability to understand the structure, strategy and objectives of the wider business, how the CEO’s priorities fit within these, and handling CEO’s calendar to such.
- Effectively and seamlessly handling the day-to-day workflow of the CEO by maintaining and handling calendar(s); scheduling appointments; arranging internal and external meetings; fielding, prioritising and sorting email, phone calls and meeting requests.
- Acting on behalf of the CEO in correspondence, information gathering and other activities.
- Co-ordinating logistics, leading agenda, attending and taking minutes at meaningful meetings chaired by CEO, including the senior management team meetings, and seeing through on communication on follow up action items, and developing technological solutions to simplify information sharing.
- Ensure all documentation produced by the CEO is accurate, professional and meets high standards.
- Ensuring smooth running of relevant processes (such as management team meetings) in line with CEO requirements.
- Undertaking special projects, and tracking various projects and tasks to ensure timely completion.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and flexible, with an appreciation of the importance of fostering a positive organisational culture. Excellent interpersonal skills are a prerequisite, as is confidence communicating with colleagues at all levels including senior leadership.
For an informal chat about this opportunity please contact Christine Fraser, Head of Performance and Governance, on 01823 219724
How To Apply
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and flexible, with an appreciation of the importance of fostering a positive organisational culture. Excellent interpersonal skills are a prerequisite, as is confidence communicating with colleagues at all levels including senior leadership
For an informal chat about this opportunity please contact Christine Fraser, Head of Performance and Governance, on .
Download and complete the Application form and Recruitment Monitoring forms with the Job Description. Completed Application Forms and Recruitment Monitoring forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to HR, The Deane House, Belvedere Road, Taunton, TA1 1HE, quoting the job reference number.
Please note we do not accept CVs.